Monday, April 8, 2013

Fables from Aesop - The Fox and the Crow

   This is an very interesting story from Aesop's fables. In every Aesop's fables, there must a lesson for us. we consider that as the moral of the story at the end.


fables from Aesop-the fox and the crow
The Fox and the Crow

      The Fox and the Crow

   A fox once saw a crow fly off with a piece of cheese in its beak and sat on a branch of a tree. "That's for me, my dear and I’ll get it from you." said the fox himself, and he walked up to the tree. 

   "Good-day, Mistress Crow," the fox cried. "How well you are looking to-day? How shiny your feathers and how bright your eye? I feel that your voice must exceed that of other birds surly, just as your face and body does. Now let me hear one song from you that I may salute you as the Queen of Birds."

   The crow lifted up her head and began to caw her best. But the moment when she opened her mouth the piece of cheese fell to the ground and it reached to the fox. The fox immediately grab that piece of cheese and the crow was thundered to see this. 

   "That will do," said the fox to the crow. "That was all I wanted. In exchange for your cheese I will give you a piece of free advice for the future, ‘Do not trust flatterers’."




 

The moral of the story: 
                
              We should not believe the flatterers.




If you want to read more Aesop's Fables...   Click Here



 





No comments:

Post a Comment