Saturday, March 2, 2013

Aseop's Fable

This fable is from Aesop's fables... 

 

  The Lion and the Mouse
       
     Once there was a lion taking a rest. At this time a naughty little mouse began running up and down upon the lion. For this reason the lion woke up. The lion placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to eat him. 
     The lion caught the mouse and holding him in his large claws. The lion growled in anger- “How dare you wake me up! Don't you know that I am King of the Beasts? Anyone who disturbs my rest deserves to die!"

    The scared mouse, shaking and trembling, begged the lion to let him go. “Please don't eat me Your Majesty! I did not mean to wake you, it was a mistake. I was only playing. Please let me go  and I promise to do something for you in return some of this day.I will be your friend forever. Who knows but one day I could save your life?” 

    The lion looked at the tiny mouse and laughed. “You save my life? What an absurd idea!” he said mockingly.


    "But you have made me laugh, and put me into a good mood again, so I shall let you go.' And the lion opened his claws and let the mouse go.
     A few days later, some hunters caught the king of the jungle.  Just then the little mouse was passing by. He saw that the lion is trapped in a net.
     The little mouse came to the lion and asked “what are you doing here, my friend and how you trapped here?”
     The lion explained it and said”help me please before the hunters come back.”
     The little mouse said-“I will. I don’t forget the promise I made to you one day.”
     So the mouse started eating the ropes of the net.
     The mouse told to the lion,”You are free now. A few days ago you laughed thinking that I couldn’t do something for you in return for what you did for me.”
     “I am sorry, my friend. Thank you for what you did for me now. I will never laugh at the promises made by the little ones; I know that when the time comes, they will not forget them.” –said the lion and left that place.




The moral of the story:


      Never underestimate anyone. Help every one if you can, you never know who will help you when you need.



if you want to know about Aesop...  Click Here

if you want to read more fables...  Click Here





No comments:

Post a Comment